It wasn't too long ago when I made my Chicken Spinach Alfredo with Spaghetti
recipe and it was so delicious. My cousin, Donna had been saying she wanted to watch the next time I made homemade pasta, so I decided to go ahead and make a fresh pasta. I made the sauce just a little different this time so you could use either sauce recipe. Or you could also use one of my other meat sauce
recipes as well. I happened to have some chicken that had been cooked on the grill the night before that had a wonderful flavor and I knew it would really go good with a creamy spinach sauce so the recipe below is what I came up with. I know everyone does not have the time or desire to make fresh pasta so feel free to substitute dried pasta. I am really not trying to sway you but the fresh pasta really does have a wonderful silky texture. Hope you like this recipe! Afiyet Olsun!
Fresh made Pasta with Chicken Spinach Alfredo Sauce
All Purpose Flour
Cooked Chicken, Chopped, Boneless and Skinless
Fresh or Frozen Spinach
Italian 5-Cheese blend or Shredded Mozzarella
Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
Sift the two flours and the salt together on a solid work surface.
Make a well in the center of the flour mound and crack the eggs into the center.
- Use your clean hands to gently stir the dough into a workable dough. If the dough seems dry, you may need to add a few tablespoons of water.
- Knead about 5 minutes then wrap with plastic wrap and let rest for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Cut a piece of the dough and flatten into a rectangle shape.
- Feed this through your dough machine on the widest opening.Gradually work your way down passing through each number till you get to the desired thickness. You may need to sprinkle a little flour on the dough if it starts to feel sticky.
- Finally, feed through the desired cutter and place on a baking tray that has been lightly sprinkled with flour. Continue with the remainder of the dough.
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large stockpot that is filled to about 3/4 capacity.
- While the water is coming to a boil, start the sauce.
- Saute the onion in the olive oil.
- Add in the chopped chicken and stir well.
- Add in the spinach and cover. Reduce to a simmer.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cheese.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water. Boil about 4 minutes or until just tender. Fresh pasta does not take long to cook so you need to taste if it is done.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the larger pot.
- Pour the sauce over and toss well.
- Place in individual portions and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Labels: Alfredo, Cheesy, Chicken, Fresh Made Pasta, Parmesan Cheese, Semolina Flour, Spinach