|Leftover Chicken, Chickpea & Brocolli Pilaf|
Who says leftovers have to be boring? Some of my best recipes have come about by cleaning out my fridge. Tonight is no different. I made some amazing rice with Chickpeas, Chicken, Broccoli and Peppers. Hope you will try it and of course you don't have to wait till you have leftovers to make it. You could just as well cook the chickpeas, chicken and broccoli before you start the recipe. It is about a 25 minute dish if you use leftovers though and that is as good a reason as any to go with the leftovers.
|Chickpeas, Broccoli, Peppers & Rice|
Leftover Chicken, Chickpea & Brocolli Pilaf
1 1/2 Cups
Long Grain Rice(I use Jasmine . . . it's the best), washed and drained
chopped sweet peppers, red, yellow and orange
1 1/2 - 2 Cups
leftover chickpeas or 1 small can
3 1/2 Cups
Chop the onions and peppers and sautee in the olive oil.
- Add in the rice and sautee 3-5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, chicken and chickpeas and stir well. Cook 1-2 minutes then add the chicken stock and salt.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium low and simmer covered for 18 minutes.
- Remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and serve.
Labels: broccoli, brokoli, Chicken, chickpeas, Leftovers, nohut, pilaf, pilav, Tavuk