Chicken Thighs in Decadent Garlic Lemon Sauce

Chicken Thighs in Decadent Garlic Lemon Sauce
with Cheesy Smashed Potatoes


I bought some boneless chicken thighs from the grocery store yesterday and wasn't really sure what I was going to make.  I actually did not realize they were skinless until I started to open the package.  I wanted to do something with lemon and garlic but I didn't want it to be too lemony.  Well, the recipe I came up with was fantastic.  The sauce was so delicious that I literally wanted to drink it by itself.  The garlic was mellow and there was just enough of a hint of lemon that it was not overpowering.  The chicken was tender and delicious but the sauce was so good I could have eaten the mashed potatoes with the juice and no meat.  Anyway, try it out and see what you think! I know you are going to love it!



Chicken Thighs in Decadent Garlic Lemon Sauce

Ingredients
Yummy!
Cooking Directions
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350. Saute the onion in the oil until translucent. Cut the garlic in half horizontally and place both halves cut side down in the pan. Add the peppers and cook 2-3 minutes more.
  2. Make a space in the pan so the chicken thighs are touching the bottom but leave the onions and peppers in the pan.
  3. Cook on medium heat about 5 minutes till browned lightly. Stir in the lemon juice, then the water and scrape any bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the salt, pepper, oregano, and paprika.
  4. If the pan you cooked it in is oven safe, you can go ahead and place in the oven. Otherwise, carefully transfer the chicken and all the juices to an oven safe dish and place in the oven.
  5. Cook for 30 minutes. Chop the parsley and stir in with the chicken and sauce. Serve with rice, pasta, or mashed potatoes.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,