Şiş Kebap or Shish Kebab and Köfte

Şiş Kebap, Shish Kebab, Köfte, Salad
Grilled Şiş Kebap,  Köfte and Salad

We have been having some gorgeous weather here in Alabama.  This has really gotten me in the mood to get the grill fired up.  I decided I wanted to make some Şiş Kebap or Shish Kebab and Köfte.  The Köfte recipe will be posted tomorrow.
The great thing about making Şiş Kebap and Köfte is they can be prepared in advance.  I prepared both of them in the morning and then when I was ready to grill all I had to do was assemble a salad and start the fire.  I also made some grilled corn which was delicious as well.  The Şiş Kebap marinade could be used for lamb or chicken as well.  The next time you want to grill try this recipe.  I think you will like it.  Afiyet olsun!

Şiş Kebap or Shish Kebab

Şiş Kebap, Shish Kebab Marinade
Delicious marinade.
Ingredients
Cooking Directions
  1. For the marinade, I use a mason jar attached to my blender blade or you could use your blender. If you do not have a blender or do not want to use one, you can grate the onion into a bowl and add in the olive oil, milk and all the spices.
  2. Pour this mixture into a gallon size plastic bag.
  3. Cut the chuck roast into cubes and place in the plastic bag with the marinade.
  4. Marinate for 2 hours or more.
  5. Cut the peppers in half.
  6. Place a tomato on the skewer, followed by a chunk of meat, then pepper, then meat, then tomato. You will want to have at least three to five pieces of meat on the skewers.
  7. Repeat until all your meat, peppers and tomatoes are on skewers.
  8. For best flavor use a charcoal grill but you can use gas or electric grills also.
  9. Grill the kebabs for 2-3 minutes per side or longer if you like your meat more well done. Afiyet olsun!

Labels: , , , ,