The only Carrot Cake recipe you will ever want or need!

Slice of delicious Carrot Cake!
Of all the cakes I have ever made, Carrot Cake has always been my favorite.  It is easy to make, healthy  (it's full of carrots right?) and the results are always the same.  It is my nephew, Billy's favorite and I used to make it for him for his birthday.  Since he was not living near me the past couple of years, I stopped making it because it made me miss him.  Well, I got great news . . . he should be moving back to the area at the end of summer.  I thought I better make one to make sure I still had the magic touch.  It was amazing!!!  I do not put raisins in my carrot cake but feel free to add 1/2 cup raisins if you desire.  Hope you enjoy!

Carrot Cake


Carrot Cake

Ingredients
Cooking Directions
  1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place your cream cheese and butter on the counter to soften while you make the cake.
  3. Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans.
  4. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and set aside.
  5. In a large mixing bowl beat the sugar and oil together until well blended.
  6. Add the eggs on at a time, beating well after each addition.
  7. Pour in half the flour mixture and mix for 1 minute.
  8. Pour in the orange juice and the other half of the flour mixture and mix for about 2 minutes.
  9. Stir in the grated carrots and the walnuts.
  10. Pour equal amounts into the two pans.
  11. Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes depending on your oven.
  12. Cakes are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
  13. When cakes are done, remove from oven and place on a wire cooling rack.
  14. Cool in the pan about ten minutes then turn the cakes out of the pan onto the racks to finish cooling.
  15. While the cake cools, make your icing by mixing the cream cheese and butter on high until smooth.
  16. Add the confectioner's sugar and milk and mix until fluffy.
  17. Place a small spoon of icing in the middle of your cake plate and place one layer on the plate. Cover with icing going all the way over the edge.
  18. Add the top layer and spread the icing on the top and then spread the icing on the sides. Be careful not to get crumbs from the cake in your icing. Serve with coffee or milk. Enjoy!

Labels: , ,