Cauliflower and Potato Gratin or Peynirli Patatesli Karnibahar

Cauliflower Potato Gratin or Peynirli Patatesli Karnibahar

In my book, cauliflower is an underrated vegetable.  It is pretty versatile as well.  It can be used raw or blanched in salads, it can be mashed, it can be fried or roasted and it can be used in casseroles.  I came up with this recipe a little by accident.  I had a few potatoes that I wanted to use up so I figured why not add them to this dish I was making.  I think it turned out excellent. I hope you will make it yourself.  Enjoy! Afiyet olsun!



Cauliflower and Potato Gratin or Peynirli Patatesli Karnibahar 

Ingredients
Cooking Directions
  1. Wash the cauliflower and potatoes.
  2. Peel the potatoes and cut into large cubes.
  3. Remove the core of the cauliflower and cut into smallish florets.
  4. Add 1 Tablespoon salt to a pot of boiling water, then add the cauliflower and potatoes.
  5. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
  6. Cook about 5 minutes then drain.
  7. Return to the pot and stir in the 1/2 Tablespoon salt, parsley, butter, 1 Cup cheese, milk and black pepper.
  8. Pour into baking dish and top with remaining 1/2 Cup Cheese.  Sprinkle with paprika.
  9. Bake for 20-30 minutes until tender and golden brown.

Labels: , , , , , ,