Oven Roasted Veggies

Oven Roasted Zucchini, Carrots, Cabbage, Sweet Peppers & Onions

Nothing tastes better in winter than piping hot oven roasted veggies.  My daughter had been wanting me to make some for her.  Since I had everything I needed, I made some tonight to go with our fried chicken.  They were delish!!
 You could do pretty much any hearty vegetable.  I had zucchini, carrots, cabbage, onions, garlic and sweet peppers so that is what I used.  Here is how I made them tonight:  Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.  Cut the zucchini in 1 inch long quarters, cut the cabbage in wedges, roughly chop the onions and sweet peppers and toss the head of garlic in whole.  Always line your large baking tray with aluminum foil so clean up is easier.  Drizzle a little olive oil over the bottom of the tray.  Sprinkle on some salt, parsley and marjoram and add the veggies.  Drizzle the top with a little more olive oil and add more salt, parsley and marjoram.  Cook about 30 minutes at 450 then reduce to 350 for about 15 more minutes.  The veggies should be crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.  

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,