My Favorite Food . . . How do you choose one?

Choosing a favorite food is difficult when you are a foodie!  After much consideration though, I would have to say my favorite food is my Angel hair pasta with meat sauce.  It is so simple and it is better the next day (if you have any left)!  One of the reasons it is my favorite is because it is one of the first foods I made myself from scratch.  When I was about 12 years old, my mother let me plant a couple of tomato plants next to her roses in a raised bed.  We had a ton of tomatoes so I decided to make some homemade sauce. Unfortunately I do not currently have a garden so I do use canned tomatoes in winter.   Hope you like it!!! 

April's Angel Hair Pasta with Meat Sauce

Ingredients

Cooking Directions

  1. Begin by chopping your onions, peppers and garlic. Pour olive oil in your pan and saute the onion, peppers and garlic until translucent. Add your ground chuck to the pan and brown. Most people drain their meat - I do not drain mine. I use a good ground chuck so it is not necessary and it adds extra flavor to your sauce. Once your ground beef is browned, add your crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce (or fresh tomatoes if you are using fresh), parsley, Italian seasoning, sugar and salt. You can simmer this while you get your pasta cooked and serve immediately or you can start your pasta water when you start sauteing the veggies. The longer you let it simmer the better the flavor. Ideally, you could prepare the sauce to this step and put it in a slow cooker while you are at work.
  2. For the pasta, fill a large stockpot 3/4 full and add 1 Tablespoon salt. Bring to a roiling boil and add your pasta. Stir it good and put your timer on for 4 minutes for angel hair. If you are using a different pasta, consult your box or bag for directions. Get your colander ready and when your timer goes off drain the pasta immediately. Pour back into the pot but do not return to heat. Drizzle a little olive oil over the pasta and toss with a pasta server. You can then transfer to a serving dish and top with sauce or you can portion into individual bowls.
  3. Top with Parmesan, serve with garlic bread and dig in!