Today my daughter tried to donate blood but was unable to do so because of low iron levels. My brain went into high gear thinking of a delicious dish she would enjoy that would help get her iron up. Since black-eyed peas are a good source of potassium and iron this recipe should do the trick. Another plus is both black-eyed peas and spinach are high in fiber.
Spinach with Black-eyed Peas or Ispanaklı Börülce
- 2-3 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cups Cooked Black-eyed Peas, drained
- 1 Pound Spinach
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Saute the onion in the olive oil.
- Add in the black-eyed peas and cook about 5 minutes.
- Next, add in the spinach and cover with the lid.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- This is excellent served with garlic yogurt.