|Carrot Salad or Havuç Salatası|
Not only are carrots good for the eyes, the Vitamin A in them helps flush toxins from the body. The recipe I have for you today is a perfect meze or appetizer for when you want to drink Raki or any other grain alcohol. You can drink and not feel so bad because my Carrot Salad or Havuç Salatası is good for you and goes great with Raki!
Carrot Salad or Havuç Salatası
- 2 - 3 large carrots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3/4 - 1 Cup Full Fat Thick Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Sprig of Parsley for Garnish
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots.
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan.
- Add the carrots and saute 4-5 minutes till just soft but still firm.
- In the meantime, crush your garlic in some salt using your mortar and pestle.
- Add the salty crushed garlic to the yogurt.
- Remove the carrots from the heat and let cool.
- When cooled, mix the carrots and yogurt.
- Place in a serving vessel and garnish with parsley if desired.