|Köfteli Pilav or Rice with Meatballs|
Köfteli Pilav or Rice with Meatballs is a dish that is simple to make as well as delicious. Of course as always, we like to drizzle on a little Garlic Yogurt. You could also serve this with a nice Shepherd's Salad and a cold glass of Ayran. Hope you enjoy the recipe! Afiyet Olsun!
- 1 1/2 Pounds Ground Beef 80/20
- 1 Small Onion, grated
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 2 Teaspoons Dried Parsley
- 1 Teaspoons Salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Rice
- 2 Cups Beef Stock or Water
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
|Step 4. Lightly brown meatballs.|
- Mix the ground beef, onion, Cumin Chili Powder, Paprika, Parsley and 1 Teaspoon Salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Pinch a piece of meat and make a meatball about the size of or a little bigger than a chickpea.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan that will accommodate the meat and rice.
- Add the meatballs and cook a few minutes until browned lightly.
- Sprinkle the rice on top and gently stir, being careful to not break up the meatballs.
- Add 1 Teaspoon Salt and the beef stock or water.
- Bring to a boil, give another good stir, then cover with a lid and lower heat to medium.
- Cook for 18 minutes.
- Take a clean kitchen towel, lift the lid and place the towel in between the lid and the pan.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve. Afiyet olsun!