|Köfte and grilled Ciabatta Bread|
As promised, here is the recipe for the yummy Köfte. The milk and toasted bread is what makes these yummy little parcels of meat so moist. I also cut some of the Ciabatta Bread I made the other day in half and grilled them with the Köfte. The best way to do this is place the bread on the grill for a few seconds to toast and then place on top of the Köfte once they are almost done to absorb some of the delicious meat juice. Toasting the bread first will keep it from getting soggy. The bread was so delicious when I first made it and I served it with my Spicy Split Pea and Potato Soup and it was even better with the delicious meaty juices. Here is the link to the Ciabatta Bread recipe. Afiyet Olsun!
- 3 pounds Ground Beef 80/20
- 1 Onion
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 slices Toasted Bread
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Mint
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 1/4 Bunch Parsley
- For the marinade, I use a mason jar attached to my blender blade or you could use your blender. If you do not have a blender or do not want to use one, you can grate the onion into a bowl and add in the toasted bread, olive oil, milk and all the herbs and spices. Then work this into a paste.
- Add the ground beef and mix until blended but not over worked.
- Shape the mixture into little slider sized patties and place on a platter until ready to grill. You can do these ahead of time and store in the fridge but just remember to take the Köfte out of the fridge about 20 minutes before you are ready to grill them.
- For best flavor use a charcoal grill but you can use gas or electric grills also.
- Grill the Köfte for 2-3 minutes per side or longer if you like your meat more well done. Afiyet olsun!